You thought your best friend deserves that name because she hugs you and rubs your back every time f*&#@ it up? Yes, scientists do say that hugging ostensibly increases oxytocin and trust by decreasing activation of the brain’s “fear” center, the amygdala, but in full honestly, let me just tell you that your best friend could have helped PREVENT whatever happened in the first place. Allow me to further explain as I introduce you to your REAL best friends: Spirulina, Echinacea, Ester-C, (they have cool names too!) Zinc, and Oil of Oregano. This whole new gang of pals will have your back and actually prevent you from going into a winter downward spiral of health and psycosis.
Below are the supplements you should keep by your side to strengthen your body’s ability to properly fight off anything that wants to attack you, so you become invincible in 2018:
- Spirulina: this blue- green algae is the QUEEN of greens (because it’s also blue!). It is high in protein (contains all the essential amino acids that we need), it’s loaded with Vitamin A (beta carotene) and Vitamin B12, it’s high in Iron, and it also contains Magnesium. Spirulina may be the single most nutrient-dense food on earth. It detoxifies the body from heavy metals (arsenic), fights candida, boosts energy levels and immune system, reduces cholesterol, and promotes weight loss due to its high protein content.
- Echinacea (liquid phyto-caps): a native North American coneflower that was discovered and used as a traditional herbal remedy for more than 400 years by the Great Plains Indian tribes. Echinacea has been used successfully for hundreds of years to support immune health.
- Cuts the chances of catching a common cold by 58%
- Reduces the duration of the common cold by almost one-and-a-half days.
- It also helps with skin conditions such as eczema, inflammatory skin conditions, psoriasis, skin infections, stings, and wound healing.3. Not just Vitamin C, but ESTER C 1000mg: stomach friendly , non-acidic form of Vitamin C, Ester-C® is Calcium Ascorbate, a unique form of vitamin C that has a neutral pH and contains naturally occurring vitamin C metabolites that activate the vitamin C molecules, making it easier for the body to transport them from cell to cell for absorption. Ester-C is designed to stay in your white blood cells longer too!
4. Zinc: keeps you strong by increasing killer cells in your body that help your immune system release more antibodies. It also helps heal wounds, reduces inflammation, and plays a crucial role in growth and development. Zinc is involved in more than 300 enzymatic reactions in your body– more than any other mineral. Since we have no way to store zinc, we depend on a daily supply through diet. That said, keep in mind that zinc can interfere with other vitamins and nutrients so be careful not to take mega doses.5. Oil of Oregano: Dilute it first! Only a few drops in a glass of water. It’s antibacterial, antiparasitic, antifungal, antiseptic, anti-allergenic, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and immune stimulating. Just like the herb, oregano oil is very high in antioxidants and aids digestion. You can drink it diluted in a glass of water first thing in the morning, or you can also dilute it with coconut oil and apply it on your skin. It is said to be very effective in treating skin infections, including yeast.
Most health experts agree that the reason winter is “cold and flu season” is not that people are spending too much time being out in the cold, but that they spend more time indoors, in closer contact with other people who can pass on their germs. So don’t blame the weather, blame your co-workers or your so called “friends.”